When was the last time you had your chimney cleaned & inspected? If you can’t remember or if it was more than a year ago, now is the time to consider scheduling this important service at your Destin or Pensacola home.
Doodlebuggers Fireplace, Grill & Outdoor Store provides Florida homeowners with all three levels of chimney inspection, based on guidelines from the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA). The goal of a licensed inspection is to spot damage and keep your chimney safe.
Why Regular Chimney Inspections Are Needed
Much of the damage our crew discovers in Destin and Pensacola chimneys involves issues our customers weren’t aware of. But it’s this unknown damage or malfunction that can lead to severe problems – often sooner than later.
Left alone, chimney problems can include:
- Progressive chimney leaks and structural damage
- Carbon monoxide backing up into your home due to drafting obstructions that can include creosote and soot buildups as well as leaves, twigs, small-animal nests and other debris
- Chimney fires caused by excess creosote in the flue
- A chimney that leans or finally collapses
All U.S. fire-safety agencies and hearth organizations recommend annual chimney inspections for chimneys that receive periodic or regular use.
Destin / Pensacola Chimney Inspections
When we perform a basic (Level 1) chimney inspection at your home in our Destin or Pensacola service areas, we closely examine all visible areas of the chimney. This includes the bricks and mortar of the masonry as well as components such as the chimney cap, chimney crown and chimney flashing.
If you’re experiencing drafting issues and smoke backups, we’ll find out why this is happening. If you have a chimney leak, we’ll detect the cause and recommend the proper resolution.
We also offer specialized Level 2 and Level 3 chimney inspections that are performed when:
- You’re selling your home
- You’re altering the system such as adding a gas insert to a wood-burning masonry fireplace
- Damage within the system is suspected and requires a deeper inspection, which can involve video imaging inside the flue
- Serious damage has happened and an internal inspection is required to diagnose the problem and find a solution
Have Your Chimney Inspected for Peace of Mind
A chimney that works correctly is a safe chimney. Chimney problems can cause you a lot of damage if they are left to advance on their own.
Peace of mind comes from knowing your chimney is in great shape, and professional chimney inspections are the way to gain this peace of mind.
If it’s time to have your chimney looked at, give us a call at (850) 243-0154 in the Destin, FL, area or (850) 477-1151 in and around Pensacola. You also can reach out through our simple contact form.
Doodlebuggers serves homeowners within the Emerald Coast, from the Mobile Bay to Panama City Beach and all along Route 30A.
In the Pensacola, FL, area, we serve Navarre Beach, FL, Summerdale, FL, Foley, FL, Oyster Bay, FL, Orange Beach, FL and other local communities. In the Destin, FL, area, Doodlebuggers serves Seaside, FL, Milligan, FL, Crestview, FL, Miramar Beach, FL, Santa Rosa Beach, FL, Alys Beach, FL, and other local communities.